In search of a baby ug

I'm 38 and my caveman 45. We have been together for 8 years and in search of a baby ug for 6+ years. We had no idea when we began to this journey for our baby ug that the road that we would venture down would be so difficult. We are cursed with unexplained secondary infertility. After 6 early miscarriages-- and two ectopics complete with tube removal and 2 failed IUI's, we are starting IVF #1.

Monday, June 26, 2006

A Question for the Internet

Thanks to all of you who stopped by and left your thoughts. I am ok. Still here. Still frustrated. The getting pregnant part is what I can do. The staying pregnant is my problem. So why isn't this working??? I have an appt with Dr. G tomorrow. We are going to discuss moving on to IVF. So for those of who have done IVF I have a question for you.

What questions should I ask? I know we will have to get special approval from our ins. They require 3 failed IUI's before you can move on to IVF. My insurance is kick ass and covers it all so other than cost what else do I need to know? My company is based in Boston so I have full coverage on all procedures. I am so lucky to have that otherwise there would be no options. I also know the retrieval is like the procedure Dr. G did to aspirate the cyst. Thanks to Amy I know about the joys of the IM injections. I just don't want to miss anything or forget anything that might be important.

Thanks, you ladies Rock!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

WooHOO coverage for IVF..
I am sure you already saw your Dr. and had questions answered. I am going through 4th cycle in July.. Have any questions, just ask : )
I do NOT know everything, most stuff will get answered by someone

2:23 PM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

So sorry you are going through all of this. That's awesome that your insurance is going to cover everything.

5:05 PM  
Blogger queen said...

I'm on my first cycle of IVF. I really wish I'd had a day 5 transfer instead of a day 3 transfer. I'm in the 2ww and that is my major regret.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home