In search of a baby ug

I'm 38 and my caveman 45. We have been together for 8 years and in search of a baby ug for 6+ years. We had no idea when we began to this journey for our baby ug that the road that we would venture down would be so difficult. We are cursed with unexplained secondary infertility. After 6 early miscarriages-- and two ectopics complete with tube removal and 2 failed IUI's, we are starting IVF #1.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Countdown

5 the number of pregnant women in my office.

4 the number of years we have been trying.

3 the number of miscarriages i have had since ttc with Mr. ug and the number of women on maternity leave.

2 the number of women on maternity leave that have had baby #2 since we started ttc and the number of women pregnant with an "oops baby".

1 the number of broken hearts i have.

after learning about pregnant woman #5 today at lunch i shut the door to my office and cried for 20 minutes until my asshole officemate busted in without knocking.

why does this have to be so hard.....why?

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Oh, honey, I wish I was there today. I'm so sorry. There are way too many big bellies in our office, it's an awful place to be. You need a long vacation away from work.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Debbi said...

Hi Les: I'm so sorry about your asshole office cow-orkers. Do take care of yourself. This IF shit is hard enough without beating on yourself.

7:33 PM  
Blogger ellie said...

I am so sorry it is was a hard day today. I totally relate. Take care to give yourself a break- this isn't easy stuff we are dealing with here.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Brenda said...

hey sweetie. i wish i was around, we'd turn that frown upside down with some good old fashioned girl time with you, amy, and I! it is a sucky process, but I am hopeful for you sweetie. Remember, your attitude and mindset affects your body, try to keep a more positive outlook! (gosh, i sound like a holistic hippie san franciscian!( But seriously, don't stop being yourself, I miss the chipper Les!!
xox

1:07 PM  
Blogger Heather L. said...

I definetly can relate to that. At my work there are a lot of baby bumps around here...and me dealing with my 1st miscarriage, it isn't a good day.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Alli and Frankie said...

{{hugs}} That stinks.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home