In search of a baby ug

I'm 38 and my caveman 45. We have been together for 8 years and in search of a baby ug for 6+ years. We had no idea when we began to this journey for our baby ug that the road that we would venture down would be so difficult. We are cursed with unexplained secondary infertility. After 6 early miscarriages-- and two ectopics complete with tube removal and 2 failed IUI's, we are starting IVF #1.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Now What?

I had my first OB visit last week. I will call her Dr. Serious. She seems ok so far. She is willing to let me forgo the amnio and cvs if I want due to the increased risk of miscarriage and my history. She is also willing to let me do a vbac however I am not so sure I want to risk that either. The good thing is she has a sonogram machine in her office and I will get one every visit. The bad thing is the machine does not like my uterus, it is tilted backwards or something. The baby's heartbeat was 140 but the measurements were off so i go back tomorrow. She was very matter of fact and not very reassuring that things are ok. Her dating and Dr. G's dating differ by a few days. She has me at 8 wks 3 days and according to Dr. G I am 8 wks exactly today. I am very nervous about the appt. I am spotting a bit today although there have been 3 or 4 days over the last 3 weeks
where I spotted a bit so I am trying really really hard not to freak out and just wait for the appt tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home