In search of a baby ug

I'm 38 and my caveman 45. We have been together for 8 years and in search of a baby ug for 6+ years. We had no idea when we began to this journey for our baby ug that the road that we would venture down would be so difficult. We are cursed with unexplained secondary infertility. After 6 early miscarriages-- and two ectopics complete with tube removal and 2 failed IUI's, we are starting IVF #1.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

this is not good

i knew it was too good to be true.....

Dr.'s office called with the result of the first trimester screening and my chances of having a baby with down's syndrome were 1 in 133 and after the test they are 1 in 22. The decision I have to make is whether to go ahead and have the amnio and with it risk a miscarriage or just forge ahead.

what to do? what to do?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Wow. I'm so sorry you have to be faced with such a terribly difficult decision.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

By the way, I'm trying to do a search through your blog - but has there ever been an explanation for your early losses (there rarely is)? Did they find chromosomal problems in previous pregnancies?

5:09 PM  
Blogger Les said...

no reason has ever been given for the early losses. they have not been able to do any tests in previous pregnancies.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm sorry sweetie :( I will be sending you and your perfect little baby lots of good vibes. I love you and miss you!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home